Annotate

c.roberts

Can anyone please help,my annotate has gone from the top of screen? therefore i cant put symbols or leading arrows etc.Dont know what ive dont only being using autocad for about 2 weeks so i am a total novice

You lost only one pull-down menu out of all the ones at the top of your screen? Seems a bit implausible but I guess anything is possible. Have you tried resetting your profile?

You weren't mucking around with customizing your cui were you previous to losing annotate?

I'm not aware there is a Annotate-pulldown menu? Is this something that your company has as a customization? Do you know where that customization file is located? You can use the command MENULOAD to load a missing menu, if you know where it's saved.

AMs?

Tools > Options > Profiles. Click on the Reset button.

"Resets the values in the selected profile to the system default settings."

Nomenclature: "a system of words used to name things in a particular discipline."

Those "different options" along the top of your screen are called pull-down menus. Below them reside your various toolbars.

What are "AM's"? Annotation menus? Just guessing here. Enlighten us please so we're all using the same nomenclature and referring to the same thing.

assist>options

then a new window pops up showing you the different options available i.e plot&publish,system,user pref,selection etc

Anyway mine now only goes upto profile,whereas before i had various 'AM's i.e AM:standards,AM:standard parts,AM:drawing.they have disappered also

Ah, those AMs are customizations of some sort... Have you tried to re-load your profile? Remove the old one, and Import it again at the Profile tab in Options.

btw - does your profile tell the truth, are you useing AutoCAD LT?

Hey another way is Type MENULOAD presee enter, a Window opens, On the Upper Box click such that a line Highlights, and then press Unload, and do it till all the rest of the Lines dissappear.

After this on the Bottom Right Corner, there is a Browse Button, Click on it it will go to a Autocad Support Dialog box. Search the acad.CUI file and click LOAD. Also Load the Express.CUI, acadSampleWorkspaces.CUI, & Cutom.CUI files.

Enjoy icon12.gif