Boiler house lighting

DJMDesign

Hi guys, awesome site by the way!

Im trying to create realistic lighting inside a boilerhouse (no windows). The boilerhouse is your typical steel portal fram building with cladding walls and roof. What would be the best lights to use and what would be the typical settings for these? There are a load od boilers and pipework which I will want to show off..... Any help would be great thanks.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJMDesign

• Strix

• stevsmith

• Ritch7

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is it common practice to 'show off' pipework? :huh:

wouldn't it be lit by boring fluorescent strip lighting, some of which would be emergency lighting, all according to the formula for minimum lux levels?

I know its a boring place to be!! Although blue uplighters do sound nice!!!:)

The guy wants a photrealistic render to put on his website, so wants it to look good as possible....

The building is about 30mtrs long, 13mtrs wide and about 8mtrs high. I was thinking of putting halogen spots, about four of them hanging from the centre of the roof.

Help would be appreciated!

can you post a screen shot of what you have so far?

if the pipework is at high level, you'll need to uplight it for max effect

we could have fun with this :)

Hi,

Sorry to be a pain but alas no. Will be able to do later (am at 'other job' at the mo). The dwg is 10meg due to all the pipework etc which Im not sure would be able to upload?

Another question i suppose would be cladding, I have just created some walls and a roof and was going to apply a cladding material to it.... is this the best way?

Thanks

that's why I suggested a screen shot :wink:

just hit 'print screen', open paint, paste, save, then upload here

it's best to start a new thread for new questions as this forum works as a searchable database and ongoing resource for all AutoCAD users, unlike some which are just people asking a panel of experts for the answer to their specific question

How do you upload images? I have the dwf of the model and can obviously get images from that.....

Sorry for branching off to other problems!!

Have you tried lamp intensity?

Also if you have a few lamps, you could try makin them all differnet basic colours. ie yellow green blue red and see how they effect the lighting setup.

experiment with the lighting setup that's what I do work on the trial and error technique, i'm having similar problems as i am now working reguarly in 3-D.