"Light Command"

Smirkid5

I was following an earlier thread that I thought would lead to an answer, but it was not to be.

I am trying to use the "light" command in order to create a distant light source, but I can not get a dialogue box to appear when the command is invoked. The only thing that appears is the command line prompts.

It may be that everything can be accomplished through the command line, but I would rather have the New Distant Light dialogue box including the sun angle calculator.

This is a feature available in AutoCAD 2009; correct?

How can I get this dialogue box to appear? I tried changing some system variables around (filedia, cmddia), but nothing seems to change.

I tried typing <_light> and I get the same result. I should mention that the window in the attached .jpg shows up when I type either or <_light>. Not sure if that reveals anything.

Light Command.jpg

Ya...you will get like this with 2007/2008/2009!

You can use sun calculator with "sun"!Now acad "sun" is

much greater than distance light!

you can study good tutorials and i already share links at

this ..http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34167

:)

Try working in the 3D Modeling workspace that utilizes the Ribbon. Everything you need is included re: lights.

Just accept the "recommended" option in box shown above.