Plots flipping to portrait when sent to plotter

Wild S10

When I do a plot preview in AutoCad my plot is 11x17, landscape but when it comes out of my printer it is flipped to portrait. I only get half of my drawing on the page. What causes this?

More details please printer type

Also check print settings if you make a 11x17 but set scale to fit on smaller sheet size but put in a bigger paper sheet it will do what you are getting.

Using A3 laser manual feed twin tray

Open the Plot window, and choose the plotter, press the "properties" button which is next to the plotter name, choose "custom properties" - "advanced" tab, and see if it has autorotate checked or not, try experimenting with that. Also you could try to put a check next to the "inked area" option and set the paper size to really long, this way if you have "autorotate" checked it could help the plotter determine that the drawing is too long to flip to portrait and it will be autorotated to landscape instead, just make sure that you have "inked area" selected, otherwise your plotter will plot a long drawing. :wink:

Thanks for the help. I am using a HP Deskjet 9800 Series. I am printing with a scale of 1:1 and all the setting that have been suggested look right. We have four draftsman in our office and we each share a printer and both printers are the same. I am the only one that is having this problem. I was fine until one of our draftsman modified our drawing template we use and saved it. Now I have this problem. To work around the problem now I print using pdf factory and then print on the same printer and it works fine. We also have a Kyocera copier and if I send it to that it works fine. The HP is right next to my desk and I would like to just hit the print button and get what I need without all the work arounds. If I start a new drawing not using our template the printer works fine. It has to be something with our template, my computer and this printer. Any other suggestions.

Well i found the problem. Our default paper for that printer was set on Borderless Photo Tabloid instead of just tabloid. When it is set on Borderless Photo Tabloid it flips the plot. I new it had to be something simple that I was missing I just didn't think it was going to be that simple.