Lost toolbar button - want to restore it...

jsbrunt

While making a new button/command ("layer evaluation off") I overwrote another button and it has it's original icon but the new command. The new button has it's new icon and new command.

After checking carefully, the original button (layer unisolate) is only available with new command. My error started with duplicating the layer unisolate button to give me a button to edit to the new command. I could not find a way to make a new button. This was a process I had used successfully a few days earlier.

Any sugggestions on getiing a copy of the original button back?

Any suggestions on a better procedure for making nwew buttons?

Thank you...

:)

"Any suggestions on a better procedure for making nwew buttons?"

Back in the days of DOS (Disk Operating System) the caveat was always make a backup of the file you're working on in case there is a problem. That still holds true today even if that is a cui file and not a bat or sys file. Think of it as a form of insurance.

In CUI drag the Layer UnIsolate command from the Command pane to the toolbar you want (probably the Layer II toolbar).

In CUI drag the Layer UnIsolate command from the Command pane to the toolbar you want (probably the Layer II toolbar).

The button in the "Command List:" has the same corruption...

Thanks for the idea.

"Any suggestions on a better procedure for making nwew buttons?"

Back in the days of DOS (Disk Operating System) the caveat was always make a backup of the file you're working on in case there is a problem. That still holds true today even if that is a cui file and not a bat or sys file. Think of it as a form of insurance.

Right.

I was thinking more in terms of once my seat belt is fastened (as above) how should I start my engine (make a new button).

Thanks,

If you do a search of your hard drive for *.cui what are the results? Just curious.

Good lead! Found an ACAD.CUI from installation. Able to restore from there.

Thank you.

PS--also noted "New Command" choice on the right click menu while in the customization window and found where new "CommandX" is placed. You solved both questions.

Thanks again.

-------------------------------------------

"You can learn more about alligators by playing

with them than by reading about them."

-Real Men Know the Instructions