3d Path 4 Sweeping

Knightmare

I am trying to sweep a profile along a path that doesn't share the same plane. I know you can use the 3Dpoly command, but you don't have the option to choose an arc and I have an arc included in the path. I can construct this path as seperate line/arc segments, but you cannot join them and the profile will not sweep the entire path. What do you suggest?

Just a wild guess here but if you can construct the path using lines and arcs can't you just use Pedit and tie all the segments together and then use Sweep?

I tried using the PEDIT cammand like you suggested, but being that my path does not share the same plan, the lines will not join thru PEDIT (lines are not parellel to UCS message)

Strange. I was able to do it. My path was not on the same plane as the profile I wanted to sweep yet it worked. I was able to pedit my two lines and the arc that separated them.

It's my path itself thats not in the same plane. Best way to describe it is to picture a "L shaped wall. the short leg slope down to the corner and then turning the corner, it continues to slope down in the long leg as well (elevation). In the top view, the long leg of wall curves out. this is what I need to sweep too.

It almost sounds like you would have to sweep or extrude the profile in segments. Can't be sure without seeing the drawing or the portion you are working on.