Batt Insulation Hatch

Spiderguy

I draw all my drawings in model space 1-1. Full size and then scale the layouts in paperspace to suit. I have never scaled drawings in model space. Will this hatch pattern work using 1 - 1?

Again using a pline you dont have any problems with height v's fixed patterning in a hatch, the pline lisp asks what height is the batting and draws it to suit, its coded around a normal height solution to start with if the batting was super sized the a different batt.lsp would be used to still give the correct artistic look, like Remark how good do you want it to look ?

• 1 month later...

Hey that's pretty cool. There are some very nice LISP programs available to do batt insulation hatching. Do some searches for this at Cadalyst.com's website and you'll find some good ones there.

• 2 weeks later...

The attached "BattInsulation" hatch pattern at the bottom of this post is quite a good one.

Best to set the hatch start point at Bottom Left, Bottom right, Top left or Top right, then play with the scale to suit.

Looks like this: -

BattInsulationHatch.jpg

Personally, I still prefer to use a lisp for adding the Insulation pattern. The best lisp in my opinion can be found here: - http://autodesk.lithium.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/Insulation-Batt-representation-in-Polyline-form/td-p/2458785/page/2

Nice feature is that you can follow arcs and circles with this.

Some features (Pic by the lisp author): -

IB.jpg

BattInsulation.txt

Edited by Manila Wolf
Added Note about hatch start position, then added pics.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It does work as a model space hatch (I'm assuming that's what you meant) but the scale is weird. A hatch scale of .055 results in a 5.5" thick batt. Make the hatch scale too small or too big and it appears as a solid.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Use the Hatch command would seem to be the obvious answer. Or is it? Are you trying to add a new hatch pattern either in your acad.pat file or on its own?

• 2 years later...

I hope that it's something that can be resolved! Are there any others that are having this problem?

I am currently using 2014 and have no issues with the BATT.pat hatch, it works as I had envisioned. We are supposed to upgrade to the latest greatest version soon, if I have problems I will try to figure out what is going on, however, if anyone here can help darwinland with this problem, that would be awesome!

To answer the question about scaling, yes this works in 1 to 1, and is not affected by changing the scale of the drawing (as the line type does), I'm not sure about the lisp routine that the page 5 link refers to. this has always worked by inserting the hatch and the scale is, for example, if I am filling a 2x4 stud wall nominal 3-1/2" then you would change the scale to 3.5, your origin point should be at the lower right hand side, or anywhere along one of the sides, it is set so the the angle is proper for filling a vertical area (wall), if you are trying to fill something at a 0 degree angle, then you have to subtract 90 from the angle you need. In my opinion, it's pretty simple, but then it was created according to my plans on using it, so I may be biased!

I am sorry that I did not answer the previous posts, for some reason I was not getting notifications.

Edited by Spiderguy