Viewport on No-Plot still showing border line?

jcarl1313

My rectangular viewports are set to no-plot. However, when I do a print preview, the bottom "border line" shows up! This only happens on certain plotters in my office though. This happens when I try to plot a half-sized drawing. When I send it to the big plotter, the line disappears like it is supposed to. It matters because we give half-size plots to our clients.

Any ideas? Thanks!

When I do not want to plot certain objects - Lines - etc. I put them onto a layer and switch the icon in the layer manager to "do not plot".

Maybe worth a short.

Regards,

DECHAL

This is just a shot in the dark here but whenever I have a weird problem I always try purge and audit. And it sometimes works.

Neither worked. I've never heard of the 'audit' command though, so thanks for that tip anyway!

When I do not want to plot certain objects - Lines - etc. I put them onto a layer and switch the icon in the layer manager to "do not plot".

The viewport is already on "do not plot." And as I said before, when I plot full-size, the line goes away. And its only happening on some of the drawings in the project, not all of them. This is so frustrating...

I don't know how you have your paperspace set up but I have it where it shows the paper size. I had a drawing where there was a line right along the paper shadow, so you couldn't see it until I did a plot preview or when it plotted. Could there be any hidden lines in your drawing?

If it is only one viewport doing this why not delete it and recreate it, either by drawing a new one or copying one without this anomaly and setting it to match.

• 2 years later...

I think I may have found the answer to removing the view port lines.

You have a few different View ports in paper space in layout one for instanse.

You print and the box shows up around each view. To remove lines change the Color of the boarder of the viewport, change it to Red or a Color that is not being used.

Every red item will be transformed to something else.

Start the print process and click on the PEN STYLE ASSIGNMENT BUTTON TOP RIGHT CORNER None is selected, change it to acad.ctb. Click edit button. Go down to line type and choose Sparse dot.

Don't change anything else and it seems to work. save and close.

I'm using AutoCad 2010

Now choose preview and the lines should be gone.

I'm printing to .pdf file.

If it works tell me!

My rectangular viewports are set to no-plot. However, when I do a print preview, the bottom "border line" shows up! This only happens on certain plotters in my office though. This happens when I try to plot a half-sized drawing. When I send it to the big plotter, the line disappears like it is supposed to. It matters because we give half-size plots to our clients.

Any ideas? Thanks!

You may have the printable area edge inside your viewport when you print to the halfsized paper. Sometimes AutoCAD will generate a line where the edge of the printable area is encroached upon, don't know why. On the full sized page you are probably plotting LAYOUT. Betcha you are plotting EXTENTS or WINDOW when shrinking to the small paper and not taking account for the paper size properties. The non-printable margin is just as wide there as on the larger paper. It is a physical limit, not a percentage of the given paper size. I have occasions to print 24x36 on 11x17 often, but I have a whole separate set of layouts for it. My non-printable area is roughly 3/8" wide on both sheets, so I had to adjust the viewports on the 11x17 sheets a little to fit inside the non-printable area on them.