LIST command

whitemarlin

I'm trying to use the list command to find quick measurements of lines and areas. I think it keeps rounding of to 32nds, i need to be more accurate than this. Anyone know how to change the precision?

I redefined my LIST command to custom precision settings regardless of what the drawing's settings are (no error checking, cheap and dirty).

(defun c:L ()
 (setvar "cmdecho" 0)
 (setq prev_auprec (getvar "auprec"))
 (setq prev_luprec (getvar "luprec"))
 (if (= (getvar "lunits") 2) (setvar "luprec" 0))
 (if (= (getvar "lunits") 4) (setvar "luprec" )
 (setvar "auprec" 
 (command "_.LIST" (ssget) "")
 (setvar "luprec" prev_luprec)
 (setvar "auprec" prev_auprec)
 (getstring)
 (graphscr); closes text window on enter
 (princ)
)

Just out of curiosity, what type of structure are you designing which requires greater precision than 1/32nd?

Thanks for your replies and the help. I'm working on a project(cant say what company) who's buildings have deficient welds on their roof trusses. We pulled a couple trusses from one store and dismantled web members peice by peice mostly by means of load testing. Now were coming up with a report showing weld areas on each member. So i'm insterting photos to exact scale into CAD and coming up with regions of different weld areas. Need to be more accurate than a 1/32 when determining my areas.