Print on scale

ALoock

Hi everyone!

Tell me, if I am in paperspace and I scale the drawing in .MSPACE to 1:50, should that not print on scale? Why did my drawing not print to scale? And if it can't print on scale, why have that function?

Wait wait wait - are you scaling everything in Model Space? As in, making everything 50 times as big? Hope not...

or are you putting the 1:50 scale on the viewport? Hope you are.

Could be a number of reasons why it's not printing correctly - how have you set up your Page Setup (under File)?

HI Tiger, so glad you could help me again! I am trying to attach the file so you can see what I mean.

I am scaling in a viewport to 1:50 and someone in the office just told me that it is not suppose to print on scale. I am trying to proove them wrong.

I think I left my brain at home, I can't attache the file.

Could you please let me know what adjustments I must make in Page Setup to print on scale. At the moment the only thing that is listed under page setup manager is the printer and the page size (297.01x419.99).

Pardon me for the poor explanation of this little problem!

First off, ofc it's suppose to print on scale! It all depends on the setup.

An glad that you're not scaling everything in Model Space :thumbsup:

Now, if you have the scale set on the viewport, then in Page Setup you select the page size (297x419 is an A3 if I'm not mistaken) in there, and set it to Plot Scale 1:1 and to plot Layout or Extents - then it should plot to scale. Make sure that Fit to Paper is not clicked.

I don't have access to AutoCAD today so trying to remember if there's anything else...

The object(s) you drew in model space should be full size. It doesn't matter if it is a cell phone or a Boeing 777. The next step is to switch to paper space and create a viewport which I think is what you've done. It is the viewport that is scaled as in your case 1:50. When it comes time to plot, from your layout, do so at 1:1. What page sizes are available for the plotter/printer you are using?