AutoCAD is adding its own blank VB project

mcguirepm

I hvae a VB program that is automatically loaded whenever a drawing is opened. It is tied to a menu bar. The problem is that, just recently and only on one machine, AutoCAD is adding its own blank VB project for each drawing file that is openned. When it does this the menu bar cannot find my program, just the blank one.

How do I stop it from creating this blank project?

You need to provide a little more info, like the name of the dvb file being loaded, network or local search paths, etc

The VB project that AutoCAD creates "ACADProject" and is the drawing path and name and only shows the 'This Drawing' window with nothing in it.

The error thrown is, "Run Time Error 424, Object Required."

but what is the actual dvb file name? What your getting is in every drawing, the default global project that could be embedded in that file. What is the module your trying to run?

The file name is the drawing name. The project we want to run is GPToolBox and is automatically loaded whenever a drawing opened. It has been running fine since ACAD 2005. All other PCs running the program never have this additional file created.

the filename of the drawing loads in every drawing. sounds like you have a pathing issue, where the 1 machine cannot see the dvb file you want it to

The dvb file is on the local hard dirve and does load it. The menu bar calls teh proper sub-routines properly for awhile, but them AutoCAD autimatically adds this ACADProject and then teh error pops up.

• 2 weeks later...

Attached are screen shots ofthe VB Mgr and the VB Editor.

In the VB Mgr I can not select the 'ACADProject' to Unload it.

As you can see in the VB Editor it has been created as a completely blank project with the name of teh file is the drawing name.

Once this appears, my guys get a 424-Object not found error becasue the menu calls can no longer see the Glidepath_Toolbox.

BTW, we also scanned all systems for any viruses, but nothing popped up.

Any insights would be appreciated.

VBA Mgr.JPG

VB Editor.jpg