wall section sample

reyems

Is there somewhere I can go to get a generic drawing of an exterior wall section with curtain wall (or storefront)? I work from the design side and need to create some samples of where my employer can place awnings on walls of their future stores. I realize final layout will be based on engineering loads. This will be provided by an awning vendor when we get there.

For now it's just visual, but it would help to have a wall section. Thanks.

I'd recommend Ramsey/Sleeper's Architectural Graphic Standards. In the 9th edition, on pages 449 to 455, you'll find details and sections for glazed metal curtain wall systems.

In dwg form? Well, no, not in the book but I do believe the website related to the book would have what you're looking for. Unfortunately for you the drawings are not free.

Have you tried looking over at the CAD Block Exchange network? People post all kinds of AutoCAD drawings both 2D and 3D. They are free to download although the site has a policy (not well enforced) that requires users to upload a drawing for everyone they download.

You're entirely welcomed reyems.

Regarding the Architectural Graphics Standards. I believe if one purchases the companion v4.0 CD-ROM ($375 U.S.) to the 11th edition of the book ($250 U.S.) one gets access to all the details in the book as well as additional details online in .dwg and .dxf formats. At least that is how I remember it. It's been a while since I bought my last version of both.