PROJECTWISE- how do i update my server

chelsea1307

I know this is an autocad forum but i got lucky last time with a question bout projectwise so i thought i would try for this one - Is there a way to have projectwise automatically copy selected drawings to s specific folder daily? I know I can change the copyout location to our server and whenever a drawing is copied out its there, but Im looking to see if theres any other way to do that.

were not the clients, we have a server just for projectwise in our office but since its not ours we want to save a copy to our server so if there ever is a problem(technical or legal) we have our own copies.

If you have admin access to the ProjectWise server you can just set up a scheduled backup of the DMS folder to your server. On the server side the files are just stored in a everyday windows folder.

Im waiting for the tech person to get out of a meeting to find out if we have admin access to the server here, right now its set up for the copy-out location to be to our server and just going with the plan that someone has to refresh local copy at the end of the day, if we dont have admin access is that our next best option?

You can do an export from the client. It all depends on how much data your talking about though. The refresh local copy is not a bad way to go since it will only copy out what has changed.