Selection highlighting changed to solid not dashed

Simo

Midway through my session I must have hit some key combination that changed a global setting of some sort as all of a sudden when selecting objects they no longer show up dashed to show they are selected, the grip points still show but there is no dotted line of the objects.

This happens everywhere including when picking boundaries to hatch......you cant see what boundaries you have seleced because the selection line is solid.

This is making life unbelievably difficult, does anyone know how to reset the selection to a dashed line as opposed to a solid line?

Incase I am not being clear, draw a line. Then select it (click on it) and you see it becomes dashed and the grips appear. When I select now just the grips show up and the line stays solid.

Another option is to go to OPTIONS- Selection tab then hit the "Visual Effect Settings..." button- this will give you a couple more options to try out also.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hi guys I'm new here...i have same problem i tried highlight=1, it works but when i open any cad file still the same problem...guys pls help me..thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

I know I am some 2 years late with this reply aldooliquino, but I have noticed that even with HIGHLIGHT = 1, when you select lines with a linetype that is "dashed", the highlight effect is not apparent. I suspect you were selecting dashed line. Could always be wrong tho...