Dynamic block 2 distances, 1 stretch

MvdS

I've got an problem with making a dynamic block. There is a rectangle with another smaller rectangle inside. The biggest rectangle can be stretched up in to an height of 5000mm. But the inner rectangle needs to be stretched up untill 2000mm. And when the rectangles gets smaller, the inner rectangle needs to go smaller too. That's possible with 2 stretch points and 2 stretches. But I want to have it in one stretch. How is that possible?

Drawing2.dwg

the drawing you posted appears to be saved in autocad 2000 format meaning that the block does not have it's dynamic properties. Can you repost that I can see what you have done

Sounds like you'll need a distance multiplier on the second stretch action linked to the same parameter? I can't check much having just realised that all my actions and parameters are missing on my block authoring pallettes :x

the drawing you posted appears to be saved in autocad 2000 format meaning that the block does not have it's dynamic properties. Can you repost that I can see what you have done

I don't think it matters what it's saved down to, I just think the OP has simply posted a block?

Like I said before, you'll need a stretch multiplier (I think? Are they going to stretch different distances or the same?) on one of the stretch actions, and both stretch actions linked to a single linear parameter. I can't give you an example right now due to my aforementioned problem.

Is this what you mean? I've assumed the distance multiplier of 0.4 to keep the smaller rectangle proportionate with the larger one. I managed to find out a workaround to my palett issue... :)

Note: I think you need to save the attachment versus open.

Drawing2%5B1%5D[1].dwg

I read the question as wanting the 2 rectangles stretching at the same rate until the maximum for the smaller block was reached at which point it didn't move. I tried a few ideas but nothing got to where I wanted to be.

Ok I might have misunderstood...

On a separate note, I could use your help Dave in a thread I'm just about to open... :)

Ok I might have misunderstood...

not necessarily you :)
On a separate note, I could use your help Dave in a thread I'm just about to open... :)
:shock: