is more accurate angle precision possible?

hello,

I am trying to rotate something from one angle to another. I can clearly see that there is a difference between the two angles. It is probably less than one degree. But when I use the dimang command on the two lines, I get 0 degrees. Even when my dimension precision is at "8" I get 0 degrees. Is it possible to switch to degrees, minutes and seconds instead of 40.5 degrees for example? Or is it possible to get greater angular precision. There is 10mm difference between the end points of the two lines (obviously they intersect on the other end) so I know that there is an angular discrepancy, however minute. I need to know what this angle is so I can rotate and achieve the 10mm vertical difference. My trig didn't work on the first go-round so I wanted to be able to simply analyze the angle and rotate it accordingly.

Thanks for your help.

If you haven't been able to set the angular units in the Dimension style, you could try using the System Variables.

Is it possible to switch to degrees, minutes and seconds instead of 40.5 degrees for example?

Set system variable DIMAUNIT to 1 and you will see degrees/minutes/seconds.

Or is it possible to get greater angular precision.

Set system variable DIMADEC from 1 to 8 to see greater precision.

hello,

I am trying to rotate something from one angle to another. I can clearly see that there is a difference between the two angles. It is probably less than one degree. But when I use the dimang command on the two lines, I get 0 degrees. Even when my dimension precision is at "8" I get 0 degrees. Is it possible to switch to degrees, minutes and seconds instead of 40.5 degrees for example? Or is it possible to get greater angular precision. There is 10mm difference between the end points of the two lines (obviously they intersect on the other end) so I know that there is an angular discrepancy, however minute. I need to know what this angle is so I can rotate and achieve the 10mm vertical difference. My trig didn't work on the first go-round so I wanted to be able to simply analyze the angle and rotate it accordingly.

Thanks for your help.

Use the align command, no need to know the exact angle(s) it does it all for you.

Also, the rotate command with the Reference options (watch the command line) will give you exact results with out haveing to know angles and then input angles.