properties toolbar and selecting problems

Michelle Rudy

Hi --

I'm having problems w/object properties toolbar. All of a sudden it stopped working - shows me a blank palette and says "no selection" regardless of what is selected.

Also, Quick select, which worked only partially before (could only seclect by layer, not color or any other property) now no longer works at all. I hit the quick select button and it tells me how many objects there are on the screen that are not selected. Then I hit O.K. and it turns off.

Also, just today, there has been a weird error message coming up when I enter the program that says "Fail to create CommCntrClientSink object!"

Never seen this one before - been using AutoCAD since '99.

What's going on?

-- Michelle

Properties problems are almost always the result of a Registry Cleaner. Are you aware of the registry on your machine being cleaned recently.

Thanks for responding -

Yes, someone ran a Microsoft free virus scan which tried to remove some stuff on my machine this morning. Does that qualify as having the registry cleaned? The problems cropped up immediately after that. So what do I do?

- MR

Thanks for responding -

Yes, someone ran a Microsoft free virus scan which tried to remove some stuff on my machine this morning. Does that qualify as having the registry cleaned? The problems cropped up immediately after that. So what do I do?

- MR

Depends on the program I guess, but either way you will need to go to Install/uninstall programs, find Autocad, double click and then use the repair function. If you are not sure of this process talk to your IT support.