House Plans - Drawing 2d brickwork arch! please help!

dj_wymo

Hello People.. Ill introduce myself first. My name is Craig and I am looking at doing some quite major alterations to my house. I work in the construction industry, so understand a lot of the basic principles of what I want to do. I have got myself a copy of ACAD architecture 2009, soley to produce some existing and proposed 2D elevations and floor plans. Now I know the prog is capable of MUCH more than this, and I have probably drawn my drawings in the wrong way but hey ho. I'd never used CAD before now, so just started drawing using the straight line tool to create my floor plans!! Hours later I have come up with sets of plans that I am quite impressed with. I still need to spend a bit of time hatching and detailing and will of course be sending them to a pro to tart up and annotate before they get sent off to planning.

The reason I post this thread is because I am trying to draw brickwork arches above the windows. I can get the basic principle semi circle right, but cant figure out how to draw the bricks/soldiers.

I have attached a PDF of what I want to create above the windows, and also a copy of the .DWG elevation I am working on.

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Cheers

Craig :P

Russel House.pdf

prop elev.dwg

draw a rectangle to represent the brick. use the block command and give it a name like brick. use either the divide or measure command.

You might also use array as long as the arch above the window is an arc and not a partial ellipse, etc.

Your other duplicate thread has been removed.

Cross posting won't get your question answered any faster, and in most cases, it just confuses everyone and makes it hard to follow your progress towards a solution. Just post your question once and wait for replies. :thumbsup:

Your other duplicate thread has been removed.

Cross posting won't get your question answered any faster, and in most cases, it just confuses everyone and makes it hard to follow your progress towards a solution. Just post your question once and wait for replies. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I did apologise in advance if you read it... I just was not sure which forum it was best in. :)

• 3 months later...