"@" slow to respond

mikef

For quite a while now i have suffered a really irritating problem, I think it started with installation of 2008. When I type in a position i.e. @x,y

the @ doesn't register immediately like it used to and I find I have only typed x,y. I have tried changing my key-board to no avail.

Please has anyone got a solution for this, it is slowly driving me mad.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikef

• ReMark

• GE13579

• Dipali

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would think that changing the response rate for one key would affect all the keys. Why would only one key be slow to react? Which keyboard are you using anyway? Have you looked at Control Panel > Keyboard settings?

Some possible causes for this include:

• accidentally turned on windows “Sticky Keys” feature
  • keyboard auto-repeat delay and rate misconfiguration
  • rogue process running
  • virus/worm/spy bot infection
  • computer overheating

Did you check the individual key itself? Maybe there is something lodged under it? Yesterday's breakfast? Last night's late snack? Dust wad? Hairball?

Counter question :

Why turn of DYN (dynamic input)

with it on you don't have to use @ at all when you want to use relative coordinate values

I have had the same problem for ages, Never go to the bottom of it. It is he same on all installs of MEP in our office. I've decided to just check it has responded before continiung. Is incredibly frustrating though. Seems to be only that key aswell.

I have to agree with Peter- if you're using relative coords more than absolute coords, then I would say it's worth getting used to Dynamic Input. Not a solution, but a good workaround.

You can also uninstall the keyboard via Add/Remove Hardware, shut down the computer, wait 20 seconds and then reboot (don't do a warm reboot). The system should recognize the keyboard and load the appropriate driver.

Could be an OS problem. What operating system are you using? XP or Vista. And, are you using a PS/2 keyboard either directly plugged into the computer or a USB keboard plugged into a PS/2 port using an adapter?