Tool Palette

I wanto to set up tool palettes for the folders that I house my blocks in for easy access to them. I have been able to make the tool palette and it seems to work however I don't know how to keep it up-to-date. My folders that house the blocks are updated with new blocks every couple of weeks. How do I get the tool palette to update so I have the newest blocks and most up-to-date blocks?

You don't need to update the palettes, they will insert the updated blocks. Be aware that if you try to insert an 'updated' block into a dwg that already has a block of the same name it won't be updated though; it will insert a copy of the existing block.

My problem is that when our Block folder is updated, there are usually blocks added and taken away. I have been using the palettes now for about a month and the only way I have found to get these new blocks added to my palette is if I delete the palette and make a new one using the folder.

I guess I misunderstood the question...

If your 'Block folder' contains .dwg files that contain (new) blocks, you can drag the blocks to the Toolpalette using Design Center.

Is there any way to have the palette update by itself when more blocks ".dwg files" are added to the folder or would I have to manually drag over all the new blocks each time one is added to the folder?

First delete the tool palette, then>

From the Design Center right click on the folder and pick create palette, the palette will be updated.

Is there any way to have the palette update by itself when more blocks ".dwg files" are added to the folder or would I have to manually drag over all the new blocks each time one is added to the folder?

right click on the palette title and check the "Refresh from:" check mark. This will allow you to refresh the palettes, if you wish it to auto refresh every time Autocad is opened, check the "enable auto-refresh" option as well.

There are some drawbacks though. If you need to update a tool, you must open the source drawing. you cannot change a tool from a refreshable palette.

I must be missing somthing because I right click all over the palette and I dont see an option for "refresh from" or "enable auto-refresh". Could you be more specific, it sounds like this is what I need.

Activate the tool palet if hidden. Right click on the bar with the palet name on it. The right click menue should contain a properties selecton. Select that properties menue and a dialog box should appear that says palette properties. In this list there is a refresh from check box and an enable Auto-refres check box. Mine says *This palette is not shared from a catelog* so I can't select them. I'm not sure how to get past this point but I am looking into it. Plus this seems to need doing for each group within the palette.

Does this not work on 2009? I do not have the Properties option on my right click menu. Is there another way to get to this option other than the right click menu? I get a Customize Palettes if I right click on the tool Palette, and View Options if I right click on the created tool palette tab. If I fallow either of these they do not lead me to any option to auto refresh.

• 8 years later...

Is there a way enable auto-refresh to multiple pallets at once? or have it default to "checked" when i drop the pallet in from my content browser?