Video Card Help

afielder45

I am in the process of buying a new computer to use Autodesk MEP, Cad-Mech and Pipeworks, all of which are autocad or add ons for autocad. I will also be using Navisworks also. I want to have a computer that will not crash while trying to teach. I am looking at a Dell XPS M1730, A Dell Studio 17 or a Dell M17. All processors are between 2.5 and 2.66 Intel Duo, 4 to 6 MB ram, 320GB+ HD. The graphics cards are where my concern are. I can not find any of them through Autodesk's supported video card list. Almost like these are too new. Here is the list of video cards that are on the build sheets for Dell:

XPS M1730:

NVIDIA® SLI™ Dual GeForce® 8800M GTX with 1GB GDDR3 Memory

NVIDIA®GeForce®8700M GT graphics with 256MB GDDR3 Memory

NVIDIA® SLI™ Dual GeForce® 9800M GT with 1GB GDDR3 Memory

NVIDIA® SLI™ Dual GeForce® 9800M GTX with 1GB GDDR3 Memory

Studio 17:

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

M17, which is an "Alienware" computer:

512MB Nvidia® GeForce™ Go 8700M GT

Dual 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 8700M GT – SLI Enabled

Dual 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800M GT – SLI Enabled

512MB NVIDIA® Quadro® FX 3600M

Autocad recommends 256MB graphics card. I have a system with 256 and I run out of virtual memory about once a day. Autodesk MEP will shut down if I have to many drawings open at one time. Like two. The drawing that I have at work are between 14MB and 30MB (120,000 square foot floors in a hospital). That is with the plumbing, mechanical piping and medical gas piping all on seperate drawings. Granted I will not have files that large for teaching, but if the company I work for wants to "lease" this system from me, I would like to have the power to.

Please help.