Vertical wall section

caddie

When I create a section cut through of a wall I can not see the components I am looking for. I created a brick wall w/ air space, stud and gyp and when I create a section cut through of the wall all I see are some general lines but no detail ex. of what the brick looks like stacked and cut through. In fact the entire section was blocked by a grey hatch, but when I turned that off I still couldn't see the detail. Any I deas????

I can add most of the extra details in by hand with the detail component manager but does it not automatically display what is already there inside the wall?

My guess is that either the wall style is not properly defined or the section style is not displaying the components. Did you set up the styles and/or are they working in other drawings or for other users?

I use the sections as a guide only, and lay the detail components from the manager over it. This is how Paul Aubin lays things out in his books.

I use the sections as a guide only, and lay the detail components from the manager over it. This is how Paul Aubin lays things out in his books.

OK then...I miss understood

• 1 month later...

when i edit the display style of the section and turn of the surface and section hatch marks i am left with the linework of the walls but no section cut through of components such as brick, insulation, ect... so I guess you are right I will have to add them with the detail component manager....I just thought they would be generated by the cut through since they already exist?