Incremental Numbering Suite

Lee Mac

I know this is an old thread but, I wonder if there is a way to add a limit to how high the suffix numbering can go and restart at 1 AND at that time increment the middle by 1? For example, in our office, we have to number data drops, but are limited to 48 data drops per patch panel. The numbering usually goes something like this G113-D3-01, 02, 03 etc. Then after we reach 48, the numbering changes to G113-D4-01, 02 and so on.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• alanjt

• The Buzzard

• mdbdesign

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If your company needs something specifically tailored to its needs then I suggest you contact Lee Mac and arrange for engaging his services for a fee.

• 3 weeks later...

I have updated this program to Version 3.5 to fix a reported intermittent bug causing the program to crash when generating the first object after dimissing the program dialog with Dynamic Mode enabled.

As always, the latest version of the application can be downloaded from the first post of this thread, or from my site here.

Enjoy :)

Lee

• 9 months later...

I have updated this program to Version 3.6 to fix a bug causing the program to crash upon selecting the 'Fixed' border option in conjunction with either a 'Rectangle' or 'Slot' border.

As always, the latest version of the application can be downloaded from the first post of this thread, or from my site here.

Lee

It's excellent Lee. However in the ®eplace text option, is there a way of selection by windowing as opposed to one at a time?

Thank you! - I'm hoping to incorporate a 'Multiple' option for the Replace mode in the next major version :thumbsup:

Awesome program Lee. Thank you so much for creating it. I only wish I would have noticed this thread sooner. I can definitely put this routine to good use. :thumbsup:

Many thanks Rod - it's great to know that the program will be put to good use!

I hope you enjoy using it as much as I have enjoyed writing it :)

Lee

• 1 month later...

Hi I was wondering if there was a version available or a simple code modification to stop the counting at 24 and then increment the middle number by one. Thanks in advance

• 8 months later...

I have updated this program to Version 3.9 - this update fixes several minor bugs reported from the previous release, including: improving the method used to determine the appropriate width for an MText object in order to account for multiple lines of text; removing the case-sensitivity of attribute tag comparison to account for applications which do not enforce uppercase attribute tags; and fixing a bug causing an oblique angle to be applied to single-line text if the current text style has an oblique angle set, but the text style selected for use does not.

The latest version may be downloaded from the first post of this thread, or from my site here.

Lee

• 2 months later...

Great program Lee!

FYI, using the latest version 3.9 from your site, I did the incremental text in Model Space, when I set up the Paper Space tab with a viewport the text was visible, even after a Zoom Extents, but, when I set the viewport to a standard scale the text was no longer visible in the viewport.

Maybe it's my computer.

NumInc drawing.dwg

Thanks SLW210!

The reason for the display issue is because the text in your drawing appears to be Annotative and only has a 1'-0":1'-0" scale associated with it, therefore it will only be displayed in viewports set to 1:1 or a non-standard scale. However, I realise that this may be a bug with the program as, although the current Text Style ('Notes') is Annotative, the Text Style selected for the text ('Standard') is not Annotative.

I'll investigate - thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Lee

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...