getting dimension closer to extension lines

How can I do that ?

getting dimension's (edit:) text closer to the extension lines

I use autocad 2004 and text placement Horizontal "At extension line 1".

(Note:just in case :) , i'm NOT talking about "Offset from dim line")

Thanks

I would post a screenshot but I am not allowed as I am new to the forum (it says I need 9 posts)

I just tried to make the plans for my own house :) so it might be something trivial but I can't find the setting for that .

I need exactly what I said in the thred's title : getting the dimension's text closer to the extension lines . (By extension line I think you mean those lines that enclose the dimension's text , right ? )

For some reason when I set in the properties dialog Text pos hor as First extension line , the dimension's text goes a little (about 1-2 characters) away from the extension line .

Is that something that can be adjusted or it's set by autocad ?

(I am using an old 2004 version )

Thanks Cad64 , I fell kind of stupid and lazy right now :)

So this is it.

How do I get rid of the area I marked (in MSPaint) with red ?

dimensionGap.JPG

How about picking the dimension text so that the Grips show, grabbing a grip and moving the text laterally to where you want it.

MoveText.jpg

:unsure: Ummm, just an observation here, but why do you have so many lines running across your dimension lines? That is extremely difficult to read. In school they teach you to never have any lines running across your dimension lines.

As for your dimension style, set the Horizontal text placement to "At Ext Line 2". I don't know of any way to adjust how far the text is from the extension line though. I think you would have to manually move it as eldon suggested.

Understood, but I'm sure you can see how cluttered and difficult it is to read your dimensions. In general, dimensions should not be placed on top of the object they are dimensioning. They should be pulled off to the side and organized neatly so that they are easy to read and understand. Then you won't have to worry about moving the dimension text around to avoid all the lines that are getting in the way.