the hour glass thing

td88

Does anyone know why the hour glass shows up for my cursor, when I click on the layer drop down. Just happens sometimes but, when it starts in a drawing session, it doesn't go away until I close out.

td88

Are there a large number of layers? Does this happen in any other program (the hour glass thing)?

There are 43 layers in the drawing, although, I would estimate it has happened with half that number. Another factor may be that in some drawing sessions I may have 2-4 other drawings open, as reference, at the same time.

There are 43 layers in the drawing, although, I would estimate it has happened with half that number. Another factor may be that in some drawing sessions I may have 2-4 other drawings open, as reference, at the same time.

If you have the desk area available, and a laptop you might try opening the reference drawings on the laptop so you can take a peek-a-boo as needed. Just a thought.

43 layers, very "busy" file indeed.

If you have the desk area available, and a laptop you might try opening the reference drawings on the laptop so you can take a peek-a-boo as needed. Just a thought.

43 layers, very "busy" file indeed.

Thanks, Tankman. My desktop is the only computer I have. I have a lot of layers because, I've been doing landscape plans with a plugin, which requires it's own layer system to be created.

Normally, for my own work, I would have around 10-15 layers, however, when I've received drawings from commercial architecture offices, I would say 43 is a below average count. Are you saying simply the number of layers is the cause of the hour glass?

td88

Somebody told me that is bug in ac2002. It happens when program stay open for long time or loading some third party routine after long time open. Layers is in my dwg about 10 or less. Never pinpoint exactly when it happen

wierd I always thought it was JUST for loading:? meaning you have a lot of layers :o

Ritch7,

I thought the same thing, when it first showed up, and I could believe it's because the layers have not loaded but, it never goes away. In a 6 hour stretch, once it shows up, they never load, if you're correct.