auto cad 2008 32-bit

CRPPIPER

AFAIK you need a version of 64 bit Autocad.

My installation disc for Civil 3D 2008 states for 'Windows Vista (32 bit)'. Attempts at installing on a 64 bit system have failed. I don't know if this holds true for vanilla Autocad.

Your reseller should be able to supply you with the correct version.

lol.. ok.. well i tried to install it and it stoped and said i had 32-bit autocad that doesnt work on 64-bit system... ill just have to keep using my autocad on the old computer! the new computer is a nice touch screen 22" HP was looking forward to it! no worries

Your reseller should be able to supply you with the correct version.

Did you contact your reseller? Are you on subscription? Did you try contacting Autodesk?

If you have a DVD it should have both the 32-bit and the 64-bit version of AutoCAD 2008 on it. Mine does. However, if you have a CD there is not enough room on it to store both versions therefore you have to request the version you are missing from your authorized reseller or contact AutoDesk directly.

• 2 months later...