Creating Paper Space A1, A2, A3, A4

Sarah B

Hi,

I've been using CAD 2009 recently and up until now I've never had to create a new Paper Space layouts from scratch. At work I've always used pre-saved templates with title blocks already added.

I would like to create new Paper Space tabs and set up A1, A2, A3 and A4 layouts so that I can add my new title blocks, layers, line weights etc.

When I click MENU BROWSER - FILE - NEW the only options I get are the pre-saved templates, which I don't want to use. Do I use the Page Setup Manager to create new layouts?

Many thanks in advance,

Sarah B

If you rightclick on ur Model-tab u should see "new Layout" clck that than import your new Titleblock and use the "Page Setup Manager" to have the Layout Match your Titleblock. YOu can also rename ur Tab by righ-clicking on it and select "Rename".

Hope that helped. Let us know

Hi,

I've been using CAD 2009 recently and up until now I've never had to create a new Paper Space layouts from scratch. At work I've always used pre-saved templates with title blocks already added.

I would like to create new Paper Space tabs and set up A1, A2, A3 and A4 layouts so that I can add my new title blocks, layers, line weights etc.

When I click MENU BROWSER - FILE - NEW the only options I get are the pre-saved templates, which I don't want to use. Do I use the Page Setup Manager to create new layouts?

Many thanks in advance,

Sarah B

I would change your Startup type. type STARTUP at the command line and set it to 1. Then go to the Files tab in Options, and set the default templates path to whatever directory holds your custom templates.

Thanks for that, but how do I know if my Paper Space is A4 or A3? How can I size the paper space eg A4 - 210mm x 297mm

Many thanks

Thanks for that, but how do I know if my Paper Space is A4 or A3? How can I size the paper space eg A4 - 210mm x 297mm

Many thanks

Make your changes to the page size by typing PAGESETUP and selecting the Modify button. Once you have everything complete, do a Save As and save the file as a Template (which is a *.DWT file). :)