Text locks / freezes

bikerblayne

I have a text error which happens fairly frequently & I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on how to get around it.

On my drawing I use single digits to label items, 1... 2... etc etc but sometimes when I come to edit , delete move these text items they lock so cant be modified. The "regen" command will free them up sometimes, but not always. This becomes a real pain if I have a drawing with 200 individula numbers which I cant edit.

• 10 months later...

I am having sporadic problems with this. When it occurs it is very difficult to rectify. I have tried REGEN and AUDIT commands. I have also tried PURGE. None of these actions work consistently. Sometimes the problem will fix itself (I will go back later and the problem has gone). I have tried closing the drawing, closing the program - when it doesn't want to work it simply won't! What is even stranger is that it is not all of the text! Some are fine. The really problematic ones at the moment are those which have been coloured differently to the standard text.

Change the system variable "whipthread" from its default value of 1 to either 0 or 2. I recommend 0. My experience with a value of 2 resulted in zooming errors to AutoCAD crashing.

Another method is to "CTRL A", select frozen text by a grip & move. ESC, then select & delete or modify text.

Hope this helps.

• 5 months later...

Ok - this thread was started a while ago and you probably have your problem sorted now - if not try this. When in Paper space if you double-click in a blank area of the paper you will now be working in "Model space" even though you are still in Paper view. If you want to get back to Paper space go to the thin grey border around your paper view and double click in there - you are now back in Paper space and should be able to edit your text !!!

...oh so simple, I only found out about this yesterday after weeks of frustration ! Hope it works for you cheers Ian