Cancelling "analyzing the selected data"

lauriemck

Sometimes I try to add a hatch into an area and get the "analyzing the selected data" that takes forever because I have clicked an area that is not closed. Is there a way to cancel or escape ? I try pressing escape and CAD ignores me and keeps analyzing! Thanks

Are you using the boundary hatch (BH) command and picking points? If I use that method there's no waiting for the hourglass, just get the following message immediately if it's not closed...

BH.JPG

It's when I click on "pick a point" and it is looking for an internal boundary but I never get the boundary definition error.

Are you using the BH command? Clicking the pick a point button should just invoke a command not start scanning the drawing... The boundary should be user specified.

I am using the BH command, then I click on Pick a point. The problem arises when I inadvertently click in my drawing on a point that doesn't have a defined boundary. The program keeps trying to find a boundary that isn't there and I want to be able to tell it "forget about it, stop trying to find the boundary and let me back to work"

i hold down the escape key for a few seconds (and sometime pound it a few times) and if that doesn't stop the "analyzing" then i go for coffee and come back to a screen that says "unabel to hatch the boundary" (or words to that effect) and start over with a better zoom factor, change the gap tollerance or simply draw a closed pline(s) to use that/tem as a hatch boundary...