Need Help With Sections!

Meagan11

Hello:

I am, new to using civil 3d, and taking over for someone on Mat leave she said this is a useful forum if i ever got stuck so i will give it a shot. I am trying to create cross sections. I have created them fine and done all the editing how my company has asked me to. However I ran into a problem. We do stream design and the plans are to be built and they want them so when your looking down stream the left to right side is correct. However, on my sections they are backwards, facing upstream. I need to know how to reverse the way they face. Not the left or right side because thats correct, just when you would be looking at them! someone plese help me, i have exhausted all the resources I have and I am still stuck!

Thanks

Meagan

As above when you create a profile you define the start point so you are always walking forward increasing cahinage so left and right is applicable . Reverse your alignment and run again.

You can mirror your sections but this is contrary to normal drafting practice and would be confusing to some one else.

Ya, well its difficult because I want the alignment to run the way it does and I have set the chainage to run at 0-0.00 because its phase 2 of a plan, one was upstream and now this is down stream, so technically civil 3d has made it correctly i just want it to do the opposite but i think i might have figured it out, or at least a way to work around it.

Thanks for the help!

Meagan