1st tutorial download sample data

pdxdan11

The sample data instructions say to download the files zip and the maps zip after creating folders for both of them. Where is the maps files zip? I would really like to get started here. Thanks. Am I missing something?:(

In the 3d studio max tutorials introduction called The Interface under the download sample data - sample data instructions, the instructions say to download and unzip the files zip to the files folder and to download and unzip the files zip to the maps folder. There is only a files zip no maps zip exists that is visible. Then it goes on to say configure the user paths for each. I can see maps zip files on the other tutorials but not on the first one. Also there is a note that this only needs to be done once for each module as all the maps for all tutorials in one module are contained within the zip file. Sorry but this is very confusing.:?

What version of Max are you running?

I'm on Max 9 and I don't see anything in the Tutorials that says "The Interface". You must be on a newer version than me?

I did find this though:

All the files necessary for this tutorial are provided on the program disc in the \tutorials directory. Before starting the tutorials, copy the \tutorials folder from the disc to your local program installation.

Have you tried looking on your installation disk for the maps.zip file?