how to draw horizontal railing

humaironline

Draw a helix throu the ends of the vertical bars and extrude a circle along it.

Your profile says that you use AutoCAD 2006 (nice image for 2006!)

In AutoCAD 2006 there is no Helix command but there a re a lot of Lisp routines helping you to draw one -you may searc the internet or even this forum, in the AutoLisp section.

Post again if you ned more help.

thats exactly the way i would do it as well. since you have a center snap point on each hand rail just use the SPLINE command and snap to each center point. Then draw your rail profile at the start of your handrail. EXTRUDE>Path.

you can but there are restrictions with the ucs. I dont recall exactly what they are pre07. 07+ doesnt have an issue with it but i know ive done this in 05.

Ya....i did it...by spline...

thanks...shift1313

its cool to use spline command.

glad it worked out for you! How are you going to end the hand rails? some sort of decorative end? if you need to you can use the Solidedit>face>extrude and add a little extra to the ends. it will be a straight extrusion but it will allow you to trim off the ends vertical with your supports.

That "extruded end" can be also curved. If you draw an arc tangent to the helix you can extrude the ending cap along it. Here is what I mean:

stairs.jpg