Plotting multiple layouts

MisterJingles

Could someone explain to me how I would go about plotting 10 layouts onto a single sheet of A1?

Do I need to Publish it? If so do I first have to do the Page Setup?

Thanks

I would agree with NH3Man, just create a single layout, and insert your A1 size border.

Then you can draw as many viewports as you see fit into your border and move them how you like. :D

Lee

Ok it worked. I created a new layout with an A1 plot size and then simply copied it from my model and pasted it onto the new layout.

I had to fiddle with the scale to get it to fit but it plotted perfectly.

Thanks

Ok it worked. I created a new layout with an A1 plot size and then simply copied it from my model and pasted it onto the new layout.

I had to fiddle with the scale to get it to fit but it plotted perfectly.

Thanks

eum. Did you copy lines and polylines and the such from Model Space into Paper Space? If you did do it like that, there are a better way.

When you are in Paper Space - start the command MVIEW (type MVIEW on the command line) and then draw a rectangel. That way you are creating a window that "looks in" on your model in Model Space. That window you can set a scale on (bring up the Viewports toolbar via right-clicking on your toolbars, select ACAD and then Viewport) on the Viewports Toolbar.

Using a viewport is a much better way of doing things, as every update you make to the model is updated in the viewport - (without having to recopy everything!).

Also, you can set properties within the viewport, so that it makes layouts more clear (such as freezing layers etc).

Have a play around with it - you'll grow to like it :)

Lee

There are still a lot of users out there that don't use viewports and re-scale everything on model space - various architects packages and other add-ons such as multi-suite and CADS don't help in utilising viewports to their full benefit