Changing Dim Style to represent

Vikes_Fl

Hello I have a dilemma, Everytime I dimension something it comes in inches, when I want it in feet line 1 unit = 1 foot, but when I dimension it it comes out in inches? How can I change it into feet???

That's correct, but the way it's drawn was one unit would equal one foot, but instead it dimensions as an inch. and we just wanted to known if there was a simple way of making the dimension equal a foot

You can get feet and inches output using Architectural unit format with precision set to 0'-0". Thus seven feet even would represent as 7'-0" but not 7'.

you could also set your units to decimal and put a ' symbol in the suffix section of your dimstyle also make sure you set your precision to 0 so you dont get any trailing zero's

If you set your measurement scale factor (under the primary units tab when creating/modifying a Dimension Style ) to 12 it will multiply all measurements by 12 so that 1" will display as 1'. If you want to only display feet with the architectural unit format in the dimension text you can set your "Round off" to 12 (nearest foot, wildly imprecise and not generally recommended) and check the box for 0 inches under "Zero suppression".