Difficulty Sweeping

cad_student

Hi All,

I have been following this tutorial http://www.dailycad.com/2008/06/auto...threaded-bolt/ But seem to be stuck on the sweeping of the triangle (3 side poly),Have followed the tut to the letter but no luck,I have also experimented with alternatives but again no success (still very new to 3d acad). Has anyone else had similar prob's and might be able to help?? :? :D As alway's any help is greatly appreciated.

Have included my attempt for reference.

Acad Screw.png

do you have a picture of your triangle/path. did you align the triangle with the path first? If you dont then you leave it up to the software to align it and it may not be as you envisioned.

here is another post where i put a screen shot of a path with a triangle

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35008&page=2

Hi,

I do remember that the triangle was not touching the helix,But was exactly the same as the view in the tut before the sweep(my helix did not come round as far towards the triangle as the tut's did.I will try again with the triangle touching the helix.

Many Thank's.

Attach your resulting file here. (for both attempts)

Hi, I did not save an original copy of my dwg, only after i had rendered it did i save it:oops:.Also there is only 1 file as i had originaly tried your align suggestion before posting here.Can you tell me how to go back to before the sweep as undo will not work when i open this file and nor do i expect it to, so if there is another way i would be gratefull if you could help me on that one:). P.S will try that tutrial ,Look's good.

Hi, I did not save an original copy of my dwg, ...

Start over. Perhaps the best way to learn is to compare attempts. Until you can reproduce results and explain why, you have not understood the techniques.

Start over. Perhaps the best way to learn is to compare attempts. Until you can reproduce results and explain why, you have not understood the techniques.

O.k Will post my next attempt.

O.k Will post my next attempt.

Make sure to set delobj=0 and preserve all 2d construction geometry on a hidden layer so that others can figure out where you are having difficulty.

AAAAAA-HA ,Got it at last!!!, Many thank's for everyone's help,It turn's out it was a ucs prob on my part:?:),And here it is...

Allan Partridge.jpg

Acad Screw 2.png

AAAAAA-HA ,Got it at last!!!, Many thank's for everyone's help,It turn's out it was a ucs prob on my part:?:),And here it is...

Looks great...

I was going to suggest try changing the base point of the swept object and even rotating it will give you different results.

KC

Looks great...

I was going to suggest try changing the base point of the swept object and even rotating it will give you different results.

KC

Many thank's, you should have.