Trimming hatched areas

matt4

Hi,

Can hatched areas such as this be trimmed/erased? Tried it and am getting no where. Re-hatching doesnt work as I still get a hatched line going through the main component.

Thanks

Capture.JPG

When trimming, do it the long way. Click on the trim boundry, hit enter and then trim the hatched areas.

The trim short cut (tr, enter, enter) does not seem to work with hatched areas.

Jim

I have same problems, and it depends on what version of CAD you use and/or drawing. I get the error "Cannot trim this area", but i used to do it all the time. Think the word 'bug' springs to mind.

We're running '07, and it seems to do okay.

It looks as though all your boundaries are closed, but did you double check to see if there's a small gap somewhere? I like to do a corner radius of zero and hit all the intersections whenever something like that happens.

I've tinkered with multiple layers and it still trims regardless of which layer is current.

Jim