Surface Contours Labeling

Hardney

Hi, simple question: is there a way to label my surface contours without having to undergo the whole surface generation/analysis because of the labels every time I reload the surface of open the drawing?

Might have been to simple for me so didn't explain adequately. Ok, when I label my surface's contours, every time I open a drawing in which the surface is Data shortcuted or the actual surface drawing, there is always a kind of regeneration that happens to the surface to update the contours labels I guess. My surface is pretty big, so every time it regenerates it takes not that much time but just long enough to annoy me and wanting to skip that whole process. Basically, the contour labeling process implies a quite long regeneration of the surface every time I open a drawing or reload a xref in which the surface is referenced.

Is it a bit clearer? Does it happen to you? Thanks for answering.

Haven't experienced that, but then we don't fully utilize the program so...

I would try one of two things; split the surface up into smaller surfaces, or use regular text to label the contours if you believe the labels to be the problem.