What is the time out period set to?

Patrick Hughes

I'm curious because this has happened on several occasions where I try to answer a post - but during the writing I'll get into AutoCAD or do whatever, check a lisp file ... and by the time I get back to my post I've timed out , need to log back in and I'll have lost my edits. Am I not seeing a setting in my CP?

I just thought of something, could it be that when I switch to a different desktop CADTutor forgets who I am when I return to my "edit" desktop?

Or is there a "draft" we can make to return to?

When you log in check the box that says remember me. Then it won't log you off.
technically, it actually will, but it'll automatically log you back in when there is 'activity' on your account

I think the timeout is around ten mins

Strix is correct, provided you have the "remember me" option set, you will automatically be logged in again once you become active. The timeout is currently set to 15mins.

• 4 years later...

The timeout logs out inactive users to reduce server traffic and bandwidth usage. It also helps keep traffic metrics as accurate as possible.