flatten command in autocad

barth11496

i really need somone to help when useing the flatten command to bring down every thing to 2d it works great if i chosse not to remove hidden lines but when i chosse to remove hidden lines, it still works great but for one thing, it changes the size of the object around .075 thousand of a inch, not a big deal but when you dim in 1/16" of and inch, then i do not have the correct size object, it has been a pain, i need to remove the hidden lines, is there some sort of flatten setting or varible that i can set to offset this from happpen thanks much for any reply i can get

thanks lee for the advice, i went and grab it and it works fine, just one thing is there a lisp out there that will remove hidden lines, like the one in autocad, the flat.lsp just only will do just that flatten

thanks for your reply.

fshot will do what you are talking about I am pretty sure. Rotate your drawing in the proper view you want and then type fshot.

thanks nh3man i do know of all the commands out there to flatten a drawing, i work mosly with polyface mesh objects in 3d, and every flatten lsp file out ther will flatten them great but will not remove hidden lines, like autocad version, the thing is i need to remove the hidden lines, and acad can do this but changes the size of the object by about a 1/16", is ther any other suggestions to covert 3d to 2d and all lines set behind front objects

thank again for any help

barth11496

Oh polyface mesh. yucky LOL fshot will not work on that. Lee might be able to right that into his lsp. He is good like that.

se this lee guy, he must be the guy i see in a few routines must be a legend

Lee is certainly a legend, he speaks in lisp!

When he says hidden line I believe it is lines that are all laying on top of each other after the flattening is complete. If you click on a line after the 3D image is flattened and hit delete there are still more line there in its place. He would like that the one's that are hiding behind others to be deleted.

I am pretty sure that is what he is asking.