Suspension of Registration

CADTutor

Regrettably, we have had to suspend new registrations to this forum. We are currently the victim of a sustained spam attack, designed to make the forum unusable and the suspension of registration is our last line of defence.

We apologize to genuine would-be members for the inconvenience and will do our very best to open registrations again as soon as possible.

Good luck

I just checked a vB site that I am the admin on and they have not attacked us ... yet anyway.

It was a zoo last year for a while and then we locked down all registrations and we now put them in a moderation queue. It seems to have helped.

David, I've made this sticky, but I believe an 'announcement' takes precedent over a sticky - if you know how to change this thread to one of those (and perhaps head every forum with it)

Its astounding that people have the audacity to do this sort of thing.

I'll agree with you there, why would someone want to make this forum unuseable anyway?

I can certainly vouch for that David.

I have been at another forum that was destroyed from the same situation. Although that site is up and running, Now you cannot post in real time. The forum Administrator reviews all posts before they are posted. This can take a day to several days before you see your post and only if its approved.

You may think its just an annoying spammer, But its most likely a destructive hacker. There is so much of this going on all over the internet and you can question it till your blue in the face, But its a very real nightmare.

I am glad the problem was addressed sooner than later if there would have been a later. Now this problem can be put to bed and back to CADding as before.:D

Great Work! Adminstrator and Moderators.:D

wow...why would someone want to destroy this forum? :reallymad:jealousy? this is a good forum, more professional than any forum i have been..i can learn a lot... its a good thing registration is back coz, i have recommended this forum to my friends and professors from college..i hope we can prevent such attack again...you guys help a lot of members who are seeking answers that no forum could give...more power to cadtutor!:thumbsup:

I'll agree with you there, why would someone want to make this forum unuseable anyway?

wow...why would someone want to destroy this forum? :reallymad:jealousy?

You have to think like a hacker. It has nothing to do with "this forum", it's just a way to show off skills

• 3 weeks later...
You have to think like a hacker. It has nothing to do with "this forum", it's just a way to show off skills

My favourite site gets taken down 3 times a week and it's not to show off thier 'skills'. :?