cursor jumping

alec

Hi,

not posted for a while (must be a good thing!) but I need a bit of help.

Halfway through my current project my cursor has 'lost accuracy' and when I zoom in close to pick something up, I can't put it on the spot. It jumps around in roughly 10mm increments (knowing the real size of the object it is next to) and its a real pain. I have played around with OSNAP and SNAP settings, and changed the Snap X and Y settings to 1 from 10, and the Grid X and Y settings are still at 10.

Any ideas out there?

Many thanks,

Smudger.:?

That seems to have cured it - thanks ReMark. Another problem that has appeared is that when I want to draw a line a starting a certain distance from an end point ( say to insert a door opening or similar) I put my cursor at the end point, but I don't get a box to insert the distance in, just a pair of coords. How do I get my dialogue box back?

Cheers

That seems to have cured it - thanks ReMark. Another problem that has appeared is that when I want to draw a line a starting a certain distance from an end point ( say to insert a door opening or similar) I put my cursor at the end point, but I don't get a box to insert the distance in, just a pair of coords. How do I get my dialogue box back?

Cheers

Does 2006 have a DYN button near the bottom of your screen?

"How do I get my dialogue box back?"

Try toggling Dynamic Input on. A button for it is located at the bottom of your screen on the left side of the task bar.

Did that do it for you?

If you feel more comfortable running with SNAP and GRID enabled then look at the settings for both and experiment with different increments until you are satisfied. My personal preference is to use neither although an engineer I worked with had the complete opposite approach. Each to his/her own choosing.