Fatal Error : Unhandled e0434f4dh exception at 7c812a5bh

Glen1980

Our IT department have finally installed AutoCAD LT 2010 on my machine. The first thing I have done is migrate my settings from 2009 LT. To see how different the base workspace is from what I had updated to in 09 I changed to my imported workspace. It was quite different and several of my Ribbon panels had dissappeared so I tried to go back to the 2d draughting workspace and the error message above popped up and shut down LT. This happens with any of the imported and resident workspaces does anyone know how to change the workspace or should I just get IT to repair or reinstall and not migrate my settings?

I am not an IT person, but I would do a system restore (Make sure it is before you installed AutoCAD)

This will uninstall AutoCAD and all of its settings. Reinstall the software. When you fisrt run it and it ask to migrate the settings, dont.

This is the best advice I can give you. Let me know how it goes!

Does anyone else have any advice?

I would not recommend a system restore at this time.

It think it could be a problem with the version of Microsoft .NET Framework you are using.

There were known problems with ADT 2007 that produced a Fatal Error: Unhandled e0434f4dh exception. Could be something similar is happening to you. Have your IT person take a look at this:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=8235008&linkID=9240657

Before doing so I would try two other things. The first would be to shut down your computer, wait 20 seconds then reboot (no warm reboot allowed). Next open AutoCAD and do the same thing you were trying to do when it first crashed. Is the error repeatable at the exact same point in the process? The next thing I'd try is the REPAIR option normally found on the program's installation disk.

I didnt even think about there being a problem with the Framework...

Good call!

But, thats good advice you gave, and thanks for the link...I put that in my favorites just in case this ever happens to me!

Thanks CADMASTER. Just a little something I stumbled across in my travels. I'm hoping it may solve the OP's problem. We'll see.

The trouble is that some error codes come up in different versions of programs for different reasons. I think error codes are sometimes no more helpful than idiot lights. LOL

yeh i know an error code is just a code to let it be I.D'd but they are a pain, I MEAN WHY SO LONG? are they actually linked so something e0434f4dh? etc or is it just random, just tell us whats the problem and how to sort it there and then dont give us some error code.

• 3 weeks later...
That's actually a memory location on the PC. To the right person it tells them exactly where the error occurred.

Great. Now why don't they make it so it is understandable to someone (the day-to-day CAD user) and they have some clue as to what is wrong and where to look? We shouldn't have to get a degree in computer technology to troubleshoot a problem with AutoCAD.

Knowing where the error occured isn't helpful. Knowing why it occured, how to solve the problem and also how to avoid the problem next time round would be a lot more helpful.