Reinstall

CruizerCAD

I have had some virus issues and hopefully they are resolved. I did have to wipe my whole system and reinstall everything including Autocad 2009. It told me i had reached the maximum number of installs or something like that so I called in and they verified something and emailed me my activation code. It shows the request code and the activation code. My question is this....if this happens again, how can i just use that same email and reinstall without having to call in? Can I? and if so please tell me how.

Thanks,

Wayne

as long as the request codes match between the new install and the email then yes. Usually if you have to uninstall and then reinstall Autocad, it should not require any registration verification. If you have to reinstall the operating system, then you will have to authorize it.

Unless something has changed in Autodesks Licensing system in the last few years, the Request Code is randomly generated from a combination of the Hard Disk Serial Number, NIC MAC address and the AutoCAD Serial Number. It's all then combined with the Authorization Code to make it work. Funny thing is that if you're really clever, you can find the Autodesk authorization file (and I aint tellin ya where it is) and delete it and a different Request Code is generated each time you go through the Authorization process, so how that works is beyond me...

In any case, if you change any of those Hardware items, you will need to get it reauthorized as well. Hey, it's a deadset pain, but I can understand how Autodesk needs/ wants to protect their Intellectual Property.

• 1 month later...