Text Printing Sideways

cvanroekel

Hello, I am using AutoCAD LT 2010. When I am in layout mode I have typed the title underneath the viewport. When I look at the Plot Preview (and when I plot) the text is sideways, but when I am just in layout mode it looks normal.

I have printed a few times before and not had this problem.

Any help?

First, let me say how jealous i am that you are already working in 2010. I'm still stuck in the 2005 and fading off into the distance in the industry's rear view mirror. Never the less,

When you do a plot preview, does it show the text in the right orientation? Also, what format, when printing to a file, do you print to? If you print to a file and open that file, does the text show to be in the correct orientation or is it already showing the text rotated 90 degrees? I'm trying to rule out whether it is a setting in your autocad or a possible driver issue in your printer.

One thing I've learned is the drivers in a printer can make a world of difference in how it interprets the plot file and what it looks like afterwards....though, i can't say i ran into an issue with the text rotating on a plotting.

hope this will help lead you in the right direction.

If you are using annotative text, it may be one of the settings with your text style. Type STYLE and select the style that you are using.

I'm not at a system with AutoCAD so I don't know the exact name of the setting.

There is a check box for annotative text (it shoudl be checked) and directly under it is another one that aligns or rotate the text with the viewport. Uncheck this option.

Hi, I've had this one happen too in Full AutoCAD 2009... Resolution was to reinstall the Print Driver (in my case it was a 3rd Party PDF driver). In my case, it previewed correctly, but when it plotted, the Text rotated.

Hope that helps

• 3 months later...
Hello, I am using AutoCAD LT 2010. When I am in layout mode I have typed the title underneath the viewport. When I look at the Plot Preview (and when I plot) the text is sideways, but when I am just in layout mode it looks normal.

I have printed a few times before and not had this problem.

Any help?

the same thing happened to me just now. What I did is, select each textbox, double click it to reveal the editing panel, then un-select the ANNOTATIVE button. :-) It worked.