Inserting a blocks on Sub-divided Floor Area

Jhun Gonzalo

Hi,

Any please of those who have a Lisp route that will select an Area on a room (inclosed polyline) and it will sub-divide an Areas according to the number of blocks to be inserted that will be position at the Mid centre of sub-divided areas,:unsure: one of the side area are given for numbers of blocks bays

sub divided area.jpg

Hmmm... looks like a complex LISP to create - I'd be interested if anyone has a novel solution to this :)

Just out of interest, have you tried DIVIDE or MEASURE commands?

Yes pal thank you for suggestion,:lol: i just tried a measure or divide command but only we have to make a line for each 2 sides horizontal and vertical and we will compute / calculate by means of dividing the areas, its easy on a rectangular area how about on irregular shapes:shock: like i post image earlier, its quit tricky but its an Area solutions we are getting on it, the measure or divide is by line/polyline divide only not areas:?

Thanks.

I think it can be done by pick two points always on the diagonal and repeat as required the computer will out work you with the answer, this gives a rectang answer hence rules can be applied re length and width. I dont think you can get it to autowork from a pline without a massive amount of coding. You could add a couple more routines for say odd shapes 2 opposite sides of different length (pick 3 pts) would probably be faster than trying to write one big routine. Hey pick 3 points always! If last point is nill (pressed enter) then you auto know which routine to run of the two suggested so far.

But in saying that I wrote a waffle panel program that would work with any shape pline including curves old time 15 -30 mins manual, new time 1-2 sec's but it had a fixed pattern not ruled by lengths and the last panels were trimmed to suit the last edge.