40' high cube shipping container component

mrippard

Hi Camila have you got the 40 high shipping container block? could you pass it over as well, please? thanks a lot ( arquiterod AT yahoo DOT com DOT br ) thanks again

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Tankman

• iskalipsi

• gtiddia

Like yourself rodrigo, Camila was looking for a 3D block of a shipping container. She did not have one at the time and who knows if she ever drew one herself.

Listen folks. So you want a 3D drawing of a shipping container and you want it for free. You have two choices. Draw one yourself or get one from the
ISBU
. Now if you are not a member of
ISBU
then a set of 3D plans in .dwg, .dxf or .3ds format is going to cost you $38. However, if you become a Resaerch Member ($18 membership) you can get the same drawings and more for
Free
. Do the math then check this out:

ISBU -
Intermodal Steel Building Units Association.

My gosh!! Guys DON'T buy this ISBU container from the website that remark speaks of the measurements are all wrong and the drawing is worse than the one at the page http://www.arktist.com/ArkPhoenix/ShippingContainerDwgs/containerdwgs.html !!! don't let them fool you saying the drawing is accurate.

Edited by Cad64
Edited for profanity

• 5 years later...

I just noticed this comment above by 'rodrigo'. Frankly I'm stunned. I bought the CAD drawings from the ISBU Association back in 2011 and they were spot on.

This link you gave to the 'arktist' was absurd... very primitive 2D CAD and unusable. Additionally that ISBU Association recently made new sets using SolidWorks and they're very good to say the least.

I don't know who you are, but your comments and opinion are way off. Virtually every engineer I know doing ISO container work uses their 2D and 3D CAD. Amazing forum comments...

• 9 months later...

@dawn: Tankman's last visit to CADTutor was August 2014. I think he retired to a small island in the south pacific and is right at this moment enjoying a lovely sunset with a mai tai in one hand and a good read in the other. Worst case scenario couldn't you chop 20 feet out of the 40 foot container and join the two ends?

No, if you're being completely accurate for floor framing plans the 20' container has forklift pockets along the side. The 40' container has tunnel rails at the end opposite the doors.

Then I guess you have your work cut out for you or as a last ditch effort you check the CAD/BIM Blocks section of the CADforum website. You might get lucky.

I just checked and there are at least two 20' shipping container blocks at the website mentioned previously and they both appeared on the first page of my search. I did not bother to look beyond that but I would not be surprised if there were at least a couple more. I'm speaking of blocks that can be used in AutoCAD. If you have access to Revit there were at least two blocks that could be used in that program listed on the first page as well. A thorough look at all the search results may turn up additional blocks. Have at it and good luck.

Edited by ReMark

Watching the idot box did you see the shipping container swimming pool. :D Turns up on the back of a truck just crane it in and add water. Watch your family grow on hot days.