40' high cube shipping container component

mrippard

Anybody come across one of these? I'm interested in shipping container architecture and would like to use a decent container component to start out. Thanks.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Tankman

• iskalipsi

• gtiddia

• 8 months later...
I have a "decent" 42' adaptable 3d shipping container. In which way can I give you this block?

Can you post the 3d block of that shipping container here? thanks :wink:

Who knew shipping containers were so popular? I'll take two. One in red and one in gunmetal blue. Thanks.

Wait...I need one in higly polished stainless-steel too.

If you post a dwg file save it to a 2000 file format. That way it will be of use to most everyone here. Thanks for sharing.

Who knew shipping containers were so popular?

I don't think I've ever seen a "40' high shipping container". Can someone post a pic of one of these things?

Yikes! Missed that one important detail. I guess that container doesn't get very far before it gets hung up on wires, a bridge or tree limbs. LOL

FYI Guys please be careful when posting your email address. Webcrawling software by spammers searches the internet for any email addresses posted and adds them to their spam lists. You can solve this by giving your email via Private Message (PM), obscuring your email (saying something like soandso AT gmail dot com or something along those lines, or by creating an image with your email address so it can't be scanned as text. for example: 16h2gjk.jpg

thanks skipsophrenic. Can we pm you gtiddia if we want to have a copy of that block? thanks

Sorry mate that wasn't a block I posted, just a link to a google image search on the container.

EDIT: SORRY MISSREAD YOUR POST!!!! IGNORE ME!!! :oops:

Sorry mate that wasn't a block I posted, just a link to a google image search on the container.

EDIT: SORRY MISSREAD YOUR POST!!!! IGNORE ME!!! :oops:

:D:wink: no problem. good day.

I think the confusion is exactly what the HIGH is referring to. I read that as a shipping container that has a height dimension of 40' (I think JD Mather did too). Looking at a table on one of the links that Skipso posted, I'm still confused as the height dimensions of the 40' (regular) and the 40' high are both 8'.

So just to satisfy my curiosity and add to the wealth of useless knowledge that resides in my brain - can anyone who works with these things explain why a

40' shipping container is 40' x 8' high x 8'6" wide: http://www.csshippingcontainers.co.uk/containerspecifications.html#40shipping

and a 40' high shipping container is 40' x 8' high x 9'6" wide: http://www.csshippingcontainers.co.uk/containerspecifications.html#40highcube

Glen

I've never drawn a shipping container but, have used many.

I frequently ship overseas in containers, worldwide.

Or, if the tank(s) is too big for a container, mount to a flat rack.

Here's the best I can do, a *.pdf file of container sizes. :wink:

ContainerSizes.pdf

Looks like conflicting sizes on the heights and widths. At this point I'm more likely to believe your PDF Tankman, I can't imagine that different width containers would be helpful when loading these puppies onto a cargo ship.

Thanks for the clarification.

Glen

I did find some 2D *.dwg files for overseas containers.

The files present various views; i.e.: top, bottom, side, ends.

There are a number of add'l drawings in the ZIP file, too big a file to post all of it. :wink:

Adjust size as required. Hope this gets you out of the gate.

SideViewExterior.DWG

BottomViewDimensioned.DWG

DoorsEndView.DWG

FloorView.DWG

DoorsDetails.DWG

Anybody come across one of these? I'm interested in shipping container architecture and would like to use a decent container component to start out. Thanks.

mrippard:

I posted most by breaking the file down.

Sorry but, all 2D. Have fun and, welcome to the forums! 8)

Just curious, where are you posting from?