Viewport over viewport, background opacity

Krztoff

Hello,

could someone give me any tips how to accomplish such a task - I have one big, square viewport and somewhere inside that one i have 2 smaller viewports. I Want the smaller viewport backgrounds not to show the objects that appear in the large viewport under them. if I use viewport clip, I select the large viewport but then it clips everyhting and keeps only the objects that are underneath the smaller viewports, it's like the other way around from what I need.

A picture

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/694/prtscrn.jpg

Maybe there are some good tips on making multiple viewports that overlap eachother?

Another trick (an oldie that's rarely used) is WIPEOUT - it's not my favourite, but it may do the trick for you. You can make one the same size as the viewport (or whatever shape (straight sides only) and it will hide both initially. You can then use DRAWORDER (or the right Mouse click, Draw Order, then choose the option you want) to sort out what sits over what to achieve your hiding function.

To turn off the outline, use the WIPEOUT command again and choose Frames/ OFF. If you ever want to edit the Wipeout, turn the frames back on.

Just another option for your consideration...