Trouble setting up drawing files directory in My Documents

berol

Running AutoCad 2000 LT and want to keep my drawings in a sub folder named Draw in My Documents folder. This would make it easier to backup and install upgrades etc. Tried to do as the book says: Create shortcut, select properties, select Shortcut from top of Properties box, enter path to My Documents\Draw into the Start in: window and hit Apply. No matter what I enter in that window a message comes up that it is not valid. Even if I just enter C:\ and press Apply. Did I read somewhere that this directory is set in the registry. In any case I do not want to keep my drawings in the same general area as the program files. Thanks!

I don't think you can specify My Documents\Draw... It should something similar to

C:\Documents and Settings\berol\My Documents\Draw

(using XP)

or just make a directory named Draw under the C:, and put them there (C:\Draw)

I second that suggestion re: creating a new folder on the root drive C: named Draw. Make sure you also include the folder in your AutoCAD search paths.

Forgot to mention, using XP Professional and I just abbreviated my path description. The path and directory I am trying to use is C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Draw and for some reason a screen comes up saying it's not a valid directory or path. I have even shortened it in stages to C:/ and I get the same message. Thanks