Viewport Scale Says 1:1 But Isn't

ziemerd

Ok...I feel silly because there has to be something right in front of my nose that I'm not seeing. I have a drawing that was drawn 1:1 in model space. I go to paper space and get a viewport. I first choose Scale to Fit and the drawing fills out the viewport correctly. Then I choose 1:1 and it shrinks my drawing way to much. It's not really 1:1. I double checked my dimensions in model space and they are correct so I'm really drawing 1:1 in model space.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dawn

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Buzzard

• ziemerd

• chelsea1307

• feargt

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Just make sure you have the correct paper size.

2. Also are you selecting 1:1 or 1'= 1' or 1"= 1' ?

1:1 and 1'= 1' are basically the same, But 1"= 1' will make your view look smaller.

Just mentioning this because sometimes it looks the same if you look at it quickly.

are you drawing in meters? For example when we draw in model it is always at 1:1 in meters.

If we want to see that in Paperspace at a scale of 1:1 we create a viewport in papersapce and select a scale, we have to select 1:1000 but if we use the user defined scale we give a factor of 1

hope this gives you an idea

Can you zip and attach the file here (delete most of the geometry if necessary and verify that the behavior persists)?

Ok..I've attached the drawing.

I'm getting pressure from above to just send the drawing out now and fix it later. So if anyone has info on how to fix this scale issue I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

MECA_Test_Boxes_Ver4.zip

one quick fix is to just draw it in paper space since you are wanting to keep it at 1:1 and not scale it

I just measured the drawing in paper space and it the same mesurements in model space.

Whats the problem?

Ziemerd,

I do not see any problem at all. If by chance you are have some kind of viewing problem, Then maybe you should check and make sure you have the latest service pack available for your Acad version. I am viewing this in Acad 2009 and the measurements are correct.

I would think based on the paper size you are using measuring 1193.6

and your object measuring 534.59, This looks correct as is. Your object is about half the size of the paper. If I am missing something here, please explain.

The paper is 22 inches and the drawing is of an enclosure 21 inches. There's no way it can be 1:1 with all that space. The object should fill up the paper.

Interesting. When I looked at the Paper Setup Manager it says 22 x 17. How do I get my paper size to sync up with my Paper Setup Manager?

On the page setup manager you can create named page setups. Then click modify to take you to the Page Setup - Layout and make all your settings. They should then be part of you named Page Setup you just created. You can make New or Modify existing setups.

I'm sorry but I don't understand because the Page Setup Manager for the drawing I uploaded says 22 x 17 for the paper size but your measured a different size. Can I not trust Page Setup Manager or do I not understand what's going on?

Somewhere along the line the named setup is matched to the wrong page size. It can happen by mistake. Just modify it to the correct size.

Just a question, Are these sheets custom or part of the acad page setup?

If they are custom, then it is possible a sheet is mislabled.

Did you measure the the sheet to verify this?

Did you calculate millimeters to inches just to verify this for yourself?

Finally did you measure the object in paperspace to see if it was set to 1:1?

That is all I did.

If you selected a different size and got what you have now I would look into this a bit further if I were you.